Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Palin & Family Used Canadian "Socialized" Medicine

Granted, Sarah Palin was just a child when her family would, in her words, "zoom over the border, get health care from Canada." But considering her blistering attacks of the health care bills in Congress as a government takeover (which it isn't close to being), this is pretty funny. And the thing is, she doesn't distance herself from her family doing this. She jokes about it:
"My first five years of life we spent in Skagway, Alaska, right there by Whitehorse. Believe it or not -- this was in the '60s -- we used to hustle on over the border for health care that we would receive in Whitehorse. I remember my brother, he burned his ankle in some little kid accident thing and my parents had to put him on a train and rush him over to Whitehorse and I think, isn't that kind of ironic now. Zooming over the border, getting health care from Canada." Link